Last Updated on
David’s work as a Singer in Sussex, Surrey, Kent, Hampshire, Essex and London
David Edwards is a jazz singer from Sussex who works in his home county singer as well as Kent, Surrey, Hampshire, London, Essex, and other areas of the South East. He has made a big impact on the South East entertainment scene as both a jazz singer and an entertainer. His audiences are often treated to wonderful renditions of Swing numbers from, Tony Bennet, The Rat Pack Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr.
David performs as a vocalist for all types of events around Sussex and the South East. These include corporate events, parties, vintage festivals, private functions, and weddings.
David’s musical tastes are wide and varied, and his main influence has been his hero and life long friend Tony Bennett. Other influences include great jazz singers such as as Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis. David sings in his own style and has an easy jazz feel, mellow with a sophisticated ambience. David believes in keeping music live above all else, he always uses real live musicians and never uses backing tracks.
Although David has a passion for the great Jazz standards, he also performs music from other genres.
As a singer most of Davids work around Sussex, Kent and the South East consists of performing as part of a duo. This is usually with jazz pianists Eugene Portman or Simon Casciano. Both these duo combinations can be augmented to include Mike Porter-Ward on bass and Roy Jackson on drums.
Afternoon Tea and Jazz Brunch
David’s music is also perfect and ideal for Afternoon Teas, Jazz Brunches and Themed Events.
A short list of the venues where David has entertained:
- St James Court Hotel, London
- Chequer Mead Theatre, East Grinstead, West Sussex
- The Wiremill Inn, Surrey
- Mustard’s Bistro, London
- Quaglinos, London
- Pizza Express, East Grinstead, West Sussex
- The Tickled Ivory, Reigate, Surrey
- Haywards Heath Leisure Centre, Haywards Heath, Sussex
- The Spa Hotel, Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Great Fosters, Egham, Surrey
- Brockett Hall, Wellwyn, Hertfordshire
- The Swan Hotel, Bedford, Bedfordshire
- The Cafe Uno, Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- The Conservative Club, Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Blake Hall, Essex
- and the list goes on and on…..